Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A BID FOR FREE-DOM

Dire Straits sang "Money for nothing and your chicks for free." Well, I don't know about the chicks, since I got me one good one already, but all the marketing gurus who are selling loads of e books on the net are telling' me that the way to jump start sales of a book is to occasionally offer your book for free. Since Amazon/Kindle is the big player in e books (most authors make 90% of their sales on this one site) you must find a way to list your books for free.


Amazon does not allow this as a matter of course. They are in the business of selling and taking a cut. The cut of nutting' is nuttin'.  There are ways to fool the giant into listing your books for free, but these methods are hit and miss.  Now Kindle has put together a program that allows authors to offer 5 days of a free book offering every 90 days (with lots of restrictions for the author).  I have enrolled all my books in this program and am starting the free offers with my book How to Photograph Children.


Cutting to the chase: Starting tomorrow January 18, and for four days thereafter, you will be able to download my short short book called How to Photograph Children for free by clicking on this link that takes you to my Amazon Author Page and from there downloading this book for free is easy. Please leave a review of it on Amazon if you like it or send the link to someone with children who might love a short article on how to do great child photography with little equipment and no technical mumbo jumbo. The tiny book is light reading, to-the-point and just wisecracking fun.


I will be hugely interested to see how it goes with this first attempt at going free on Kindle. I need something to jump start the sales of my longer and more serious work and this is my trial ballon.


Wish me luck,or better yet, help me give away this informative and whacky little book on child photography by sharing links and giving me an Amazon review.


Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment