Monday, November 21, 2011

THE BEST BOOK IS THE NEXT BOOK

Instead of getting my head into writing the third novella in the Max and Molly Murder Mystery Series, which is my "job", I am dreaming of the next big two-year literary fiction project--a novel involving four historical, now dead,  icons of American music set in a plausible but fictional scenario. They are on a trip down the Mississippi River on Highway 61 that will end in New Orleans at Mardi Gras, where a serial killer is at work during Mardi Gras week hacking up members of the gay community.

I have enough research to know that all the events could have happened in the places and at the times the characters inhabit in the story line. I think, despite my ability to do research at the touch of a button on the Internet, that the project will involve another trip for me down the Mississippi to New Orleans, and my reading few dozen books on the characters and a few more on music of that era in general.

Oh, yes, writing this blog is also a distraction from my "job".  Maybe I had better stop.

1 comment: